Humber River Family Health Team (HRFHT) offers a wide variety of specialized services to our patients.
Our program and services are delivered in a team based care model that includes physicians and an in-house clinical team of Health Care Professionals (i.e. Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Dieticians, Social Workers, Chiropodist, Health Promoter/Educator and Pharmacists) alongside other community service providers.
Strong partnerships are cultivated and sustained with our community, and we work hard to ensure that programs and services are effective, respectful, and embrace the ethnic and cultural diversity of the community we serve.
To create a family centred care environment to provide quality health care to the people we serve.
To enhance the delivery of health care with the goal of improving the health and well-being of all patients we serve through a collaborative team approach in partnership with the patient and family.
The Family Health Team staff will be:
- Treating each patient as if they truly matter
- Appreciating diversity and accepting each patient for who they are
- Being transparent and accountable with patients
- Creating a comfortable environment for patients to voice their own health care choices
- Meeting them where they are in their present circumstances
- Providing care that fosters respect and dignity
What will FHTs mean to me?
- Your family doctor will continue to see you during regular office hours.
- You will have access to Nurse practitioners, Nurses, Dieticians, Pharmacists and Social Workers.
- You will have access to a FHT doctor during evening and weekend hours for urgent problems.
- If you see another doctor at the clinc, your own doctor will receive documentation about the nature of your problem so that he/she will always be up-to-date about your medical condition.
What is a Family Health Team (FHT)?
- Most FHTs consist of doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, and other health care professionals who work together, each using their experiences and skills so that the patient receive the very best care.
Your feedback is always welcome and encouraged.
Please call 416-740-2810 or 647-342-8266 and speak to a member of our management team. We are committed to ensuring your feedback is treated with dignity, respect and privacy. Your feedback will be directed to the most appropriate member of our team.
The Humber River Family Health Organization (HRFHO) and Humber River Family Health Team (HRFHT) values your privacy. We are committed to treating your health information with respect and to protect your patient privacy.
We want to hear from you. Your feedback is always welcome and appreciated.
Patient surveys will be offered to you so that we can continue to improve the care and services that meet you and your families needs.