Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Support
PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO THE COVID 19 PANDEMIC, FOR THE SAFETY OF STAFF, PATIENTS AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS, WE WILL BE SUSPENDING ALL IN PERSON GROUP CLASSES AND IN PERSON CLINIC VISITS.
PATIENTS CAN CONTINUE TO RECEIVE COUNSELLING BY PHONE OR VIRTUALLY WHERE POSSIBLE.
In the meantime, we will be moving toward delivering some group classes virtually. Patients can participate either on video or they can they can phone in.
In order to participate virtually, we will be asking all patients to provide us with their email address so that we can send them the link to Zoom (the platform we will be using to deliver these virtual group classes).
A Virtual Prenatal Class is planned for September on these days, Sept 15, 17, 21 and 23 from 6-8pm.
The workshop will cover
- Nutrition and healthy weight gain
- Exercise during and after pregnancy
- Safety during pregnancy
- Labor and birth
- Postpartum and new born care
- Breastfeeding, and much more.
Please call 416-249-8000 to register for this session or for more information.
Best Start Resource Centre
OMAMA (also available as an app)
Ontario Prenatal Education Directory
- Health Start for Baby and Me (CLICK HERE for PDF)
- Healthy Eating for a Healthy Baby (CLICK HERE for PDF)
- A Guide to Eating Fish for Women, Children and Family (CLICK HERE for PDF)
- 9 Pregnancy Stretches for the whole body (CLICK HERE for PDF)
- PARC Active Pregnancy (CLICK HERE for PDF)
- Coping with Back Pain in Pregnancy (CLICK HERE, CLICK HERE, CLICK HERE for PDFs)
- Exercise and Pregnancy Helpline ( CLICK HERE for PDF)
- Prenatal Screening (CLICK HERE) for PDF
- Cannabis before Pregnancy (CLICK HERE) for PDF
- CSEP Pregnancy guidelines (CLICK HERE) for PDF
- LCBO Mocktails (CLICK HERE) for PDF