June 1, 2020
PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO THE COVID 19 PANDEMIC, FOR THE SAFETY OF STAFF, PATIENTS AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS, WE WILL BE SUSPENDING ALL IN PERSON GROUP CLASSES. WE WILL REVISE ONCE THE SITUATION CHANGES.
In the meantime, we will be moving toward delivering some group classes virtually. Patients can participate either on their mobile devices or they can phone in.
In order to participate virtually, we will be asking all patients to provide us with their email address so that we can send them the link to Zoom (the platform we will be using to deliver these virtual group classes).
At present, there are no plans to offer this class virtually. If things change, we will update this information.
- 90% of broken hips are as a result of falls
- Falls are the major cause of fatal injuries by age 75
- 50% of older adults who fell once will fall again within 6 months
- 40% of admissions to nursing homes are related to falls.
- At least 1 older adult in Ontario is admitted to a hospital every 30 minutes due to a fall (Toronto Public Health, 2005)
- Nearly half of all falls occur at home