March 30, 2020
LEARN ABOUT TIPS FOR HEALTHY AGING
Attend our next Engaging Active Seniors workshop on MONDAY MARCH 30 1:30-3:30pm @ 245 Dixon Road.
You do not need a referral from your physician to attend this workshop. Please call 416-740 -2810 or 647-342-8266 to register of if you have any questions.
- 90% of broken hips are as a result of falls
- Falls are the major cause of fatal injuries by age 75
- 50% of older adults who fell once will fall again within 6 months
- 40% of admissions to nursing homes are related to falls.
- At least 1 older adult in Ontario is admitted to a hospital every 30 minutes due to a fall (Toronto Public Health, 2005)
- Nearly half of all falls occur at home