Olena, NP (Dixon site)
Ghazala, NP (Weston site)
A Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a nurse with advanced university education who works both independently and in collaboration with other health professionals to provide you with quality health care services.
- Diagnose illness and injuries
- Perform physical check-ups
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests
- Provide education and counselling
- Manage chronic diseases such as diabetes, COPD, and asthma and much more
Sophia, RN (Dixon site)
Lori, RN (Weston site)
Nora, RPN (Weston site)
Evelyn, RN (Wilson site)
Our Registered Nurses (RN) and Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) work with physicians and other interdiscipinary health team members to promote health and prevent disease.
RN’s and RPN's can assist with and perform the following roles:
- Physical assessments and vital signs
- STI education and screening
- Birth control method counselling
- Prenatal, well women, and well child examinations
- Cancer screening education
- Cognitive and functional assessments
- Routine immunizations/injections
- Staple/suture removal and dressing changes
- Ear syringing
- Group health education programs
Shabnam, RD, MSc RD CDE CPT (Dixon site)
Our Certified Diabetic Educators have received advanced training and certification in diabetes education and care.
A diabetes educator can:
- Carry out assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of education programs, including one-to-one assessment and counseling, group teaching, and follow up support.
- Focus on prevention of complications and management of diabetes.
- Provide education on blood glucose monitoring, and the techniques of self-monitoring and injection.
- Teach “survival skills” and advise patients as to long-term complications.
Andrea, RD, BSc BASc MHSc (Weston site)
Our dietitans work with individuals and groups to improve eating habits and address the nutritional needs of people with complex health problems ( such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer, allergies and obesity.) to improve health outcomes.
A dietitian can provide education and counselling for:
- Pre-diabetes and diabetes
- Senior specific nutritional issues
- Healthy Eating throughout the lifespan (from Pre-natal nutrition to picky eaters and childhood obesity)
- Cholesterol, blood pressure, and heart health
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- General nutrition advice and planning
Clement, MPA, MSW, RSW (Dixon Site)
Chloe, MSW, RSW (Dixon Site) *away on leave*
Glora, MSW, RSW (Dixon Site)
Stella, MSW, RSW (Weston Site)
Amy, MSW, RSW (Weston Site)
Farah, MSW, RSW (Weston, Finch and Wilson Site)
Alessandra, Mental Health and Systems Navigator (Weston Site)
Our social workers are trained professionals in the area of mental health. They work confidentially with individuals, couples and families to provide counseling, cognitive behavioural therapym psychotherapy, and connections to community resources.
Social work services include:
- Patient specific counseling and education
- Group education/support (e.g. stress management, self-care)
- Pinpointing stressors and sources of unhappiness
- Help develop individualized coping mechanisms to improve your mental health and well being
- Supportive paperwork such as government assistance program forms
- Referrals and connection to external community resources
Ashley, BHSc, D.Ch (Dixon Site)
Richard, BHSc, D.Ch (Weston Site)
Our chiropodists specialize in the recognition, assessment, treatment and ongoing care of the foot. They are extensively trained to help patients eliminate foot pain and maintain healthy feet.
A chiropodist may perform the following:
- Diabetic foot assessments and wound care
- Treating corns, calluses, nail abnormalities, etc.
- Ingrown toe-nail surgeries
Nav, BSc Phm. RPh. CRE (Dixon and Weston Site)
Pharmacists are regulated health care professionals who offer a range of health care services and are medication experts. They work both independently and with the health care team to address and help manage chronic diseases
A pharmacist may perform the following:
- Medication reviews and reconciliations
- Chronic disease management
- Education and counselling
- System navigation and financial aid for medications
The administration team works behind the scenes to ensure front line care is delivered in an efficient and patient centered way. They include people in various areas who do a variety of roles including answering phones, and booking appointment, organizing and evaluating programing, quality improvement planning and reporting, and overall management.
Serena (Weston Site) *away on leave*
Kyrstal (Dixon Site)
Jessica (Weston Site)
Chantah (Weston Site)
Program Coordinator, and HR Manager
Marsha (Weston Site)
Quality Improvement Decision Support Specialist
David (Weston Site)
Janice (interim, January 2021 )