A Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a nurse with advanced university education who works both independently and in collaboration with other health professionals to provide you with quality health care services.
Sandra Olanubi NP - Weston Site
Veronica Segbedzie NP - Dixon Site (away on leave)
Soruba Vijayaratnam NP - Dixon site
- Diagnose illness and injuries
- Perform physical check-ups
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests
- Provide education and counselling
- Manage chronic diseases such as diabetes, COPD, and asthma and much more
A Registered Nurse (RN) aims to control diseases, promote healthy lifestyles, and encourage strong well being.
Lori Martin RN - 2050 Weston Road (Weston Site)
Sophia Martin-Pennant RN - 245 Dixon Road (Dixon Site)
Evelyn Aguilar RN- 1017 Wilson Ave (Wilson site )
RN’s can perform:
- Specialized diabetes assessment and care
- Physical assessments
- STI education and screening
- Birth control method counselling
- Cancer screening education and test performance
- Cognitive and functional assessments
- Routine immunizations/injections
- Wound care
Our Certified Diabetic Educators have received advanced training and certification in diabetes education and care.
Jebertha Gayle, RN, BScN, C.D.E.- Weston and Dixon Site
Shabnam Jabrani- CDE RD - Dixon site.
A diabetes educator can:
- Carry out assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of education programs, including one-to-one assessment and counseling, group teaching, and follow up support.
- Focus on prevention of complications and management of diabetes.
- Provide education on blood glucose monitoring, and the techniques of self-monitoring and injection.
- Teach “survival skills” and advise patients as to long-term complications.
Dietitans work with individuals and groups to improve eating habits and address the nutritional needs of people with complex health problems ( such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer, allergies and obesity.) to improve health outcomes.
Andrea Scalzo, BSc., BASc., MHSc., RD- Weston Site (*on leave as of May 03 2019)
Danica Jacobs RD - Weston site (contract)
A dietitian can provide education and counselling for:
- Pre-diabetes and diabetes
- Senior specific nutritional issues
- Healthy Eating throughout the lifespan (from Pre-natal nutrition to picky eaters and childhood obesity)
- Cholesterol, blood pressure, and heart health
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- General nutrition advice and planning
A Social Worker deals with everyday issues affecting everyone. They can provide counseling, including psychotherapy, connect you to resources, and help you find the strength to cope and solve problems.
Clement Ampong, MPA, MSW, RSW-Dixon Site
Chloe Wyman, MSW, RSW- Dixon Site
Stella Iyamu. MSW, RSW-Weston Site
Amy Bailey MSW, RSW- Weston Site
Alessandra Turavani Mental Health and Systems Navigator - Weston Site
A Social Worker can assist you with:
- Pinpointing stressors and sources of unhappiness
- Patient specific counseling and education
- Help develop individualized coping mechanisms to improve your mental health and well being
- Supportive paperwork such as government assistance program forms
- Referrals and connection to external community resources
Chiropodists specialize in the recognition, assessment, treatment and ongoing care of the foot. They are extensively trained to help patients eliminate foot pain and maintain healthy feet.
Ashley Roberts, Chiropodist - Dixon Site
Richard Liu, Chiropodist - Weston
A chiropodist may perform the following:
- Diabetic foot assessments and wound care
- Treating corns, calluses, nail abnormalities, etc.
- Ingrown toe-nail surgeries
Pharmacists are regulated health care professionals who offer a range of health care services and are medication experts. They work both independently and with the health care team to address and help manage chronic diseases
Nav Gill, BSc Psych, BSc PHM, RPh, CRE- Dixon and Weston Site
A pharmacist may do the following:
- Medication reviews and reconciliations
- Chronic disease management
- Education and counselling
- System navigation and financial aid for medications
The administration team works behind the scenes to ensure front line care is delivered in an efficient and patient centered way. They include people in various areas who do a variety of roles including answering phones, and booking appointment, organizing and evaluating programing, quality improvement planning and reporting, and overall management.
Serena Gay-White- Weston Site
Kyrstal Maietta - Dixon Site
Jessica Morales-Weston Site
Marsha RayDragan, BA- Weston Site
Quality Improvement Decision Support Specialist
David Raan- Weston Site
Kara Gillies - starting Sept 23, 2019