Humber River Family Health Team (HRFHT) offers a wide variety of specialized services to our patients.
Our program and services are delivered in a team based care model that includes physicians and an in-house clinical team of Health Care Professionals (i.e. Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Dieticians, Social Workers, Chiropodist, Health Promoter/Educator and Pharmacists) alongside other community service providers.
Mission, Vision, and Values
Our Guiding Principles/Values:
To provide care in a way that is:
- Patient Centred Care
- Respectful and Inclusive
- Commitment to Collaboration
- Of the highest Quality
What Is A Family Health Team (FHT)?
Most FHTs will consist of doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, and other health care professionals who work together, each using their experiences and skills so that the patient receive the very best care.
What will FHTs mean to me?
- Your family doctor will continue to see you during regular office hours.
- You will have access to Nurse practitioners, Nurses, Dieticians, Pharmacists and Social Workers.
- You will have access to a FHT doctor during evening and weekend hours for urgent problems.
- If you see another doctor at the clinc, your own doctor will receive documentation about the nature of your problem so that he/she will always be up-to-date about your medical condition.